A bad friend

If there ever was a bad friend or lover,
It is I.
Concerned only with my satisfaction.
Quenching my own desire.
Making you a tool.
Using you, for my own selfish gain.
It is not fair,
That I expect you,
To mimick my behaviour and emotions.
Laugh when I smile, cry when I am sad.
You share my sorrow and joy,
but I leave you to drown in yours. 
Give you a push, when you are tumbling down.
I laugh when you loose,
feel anger when you win.
I have trashed your name,
flushed you down the toilet. 
Vent my anger on you, belittle you 
so that I feel superior. 
It is no secret what I do
You have been warned-told. 
I am poison-evil.
I carry an unholy mark
Promised to the devil
He awaits me in the fires of hell.
But,
you look at me,
Like I am the sunshine. 
You treat me gentle with love. 
You paint me as the beautiful painting
That I am not.
The touch of my needle fingers
Makes you smile.
The reflection of my face in your eyes,
Wow, it's beautiful!
I am in your thoughts-dreams,
the chambers of your heart.
And,
When you embrace me with your love,
I become almost good.
For just a fraction of a second,
I long...!

Comments

Post a Comment