A love poem

 I wanted to write you a love poem

Composed of such words

That when I read it to you

It would be like each alphabet 

Was dipped in honey.

But,

My mind-my imagination 

Failed to conjure such  phrases and clauses. 

My creation inspired by you 

Would rival that of Romeo and Juliet,

Their story would look pale next to ours.

But,

When I attempted to put pen to paper,

All that I could think about 

Was the feel of your lips on my skin

The touch of your hand on my inner thigh

My knees wobbled like jelly

As such images came to mind,

They made my heart race,

My breath catch

My body temperature rise and cool

As I become feverish.

I tried to think of great adjectives 

To describe you 

in my work of art.

But,

All that I could think about 

Was running my nails down your back

Pressing against

A certain hardness of yours

Your hands on my chest.

I wanted to write you 

A love poem

With rhyming words

In the first and last line

Of each stanza.

But,

All I could think about

Was lying beside you

With your arms wrapped 

Lovingly around me.

And,

The only words that came to mind

Where,

Love - desire - lust!






Comments

Post a Comment